An economical and environmentally sustainable alternative to current soil amendments.
The coconut husk is the source of Cocovina's products. Processing the husk of the coconut produces two viable economically, organic, and environmentally sustainable products: coconut peat and coconut fiber.
Cocovina's coconut peat, or cocopeat, is an abundant by-product of the coconut fiber production process. It's inherent micro-porous physical structure make it an economical and environmentally responsible alternative to current soil amendments for growers, nurseries, landscapers, farmers, remediation companies, golf courses, and many others.
We control the entire process from production to delivery, so we are able provide a nominally-processed cocopeat product that is consistent, with maximum value, and consistent availability. We recognize that quality control is paramount. Thanks to a state of the art facilities and careful supervision during the production process, our products are relatively free of weeds, disease, sand, and aggregate. This level of control during production allows consumers to reap all the benefits from Cocovina's cocopeat.
Cocovina's cocopeat benefits include:
- High water holding capacity
- Excellent drainage
- Great physical resiliency
- Cocopeat, a by-product of the coconut industry
- Slow decomposition
- An overall plant acceptable pH and cation exchange capacity
- Cocopeat is a renewable resource.
- Large production capacity means constant availability.
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor due to high porosity.
- Re-wets easily
- Watering frequency reduction
- Minimal instances of pests, weeds, or diseases.
- Has a near odorless fragrance.
- Contains beneficial fungi.
- Light weight for effortless handling and transportation.
- Retains rich color even after long use.
Cocopeat is used in the green industry because of the many attributes which make it an excellent value-added alternative to other soil amendments.
Such uses include:
- Multi-purpose growing medium
- Soil amendment
- Golf course construction
- Water filtration
- Air filtration
- Compost amendment
- Worm castings
- Animal bedding
- Erosion control